Noting that 85% of Americans own a cell phone and that they're
using them for a lot more than making phone calls, the Pew Internet
& American Life Project has published data
illustrating how cell phones' have become "a portal of an
ever-growing list of activities."
It's no secret that cell phones have evolved into smartphones,
basically putting the power of a desktop computer into our pockets.
As a result, our activities with cell phones have changed
dramatically, with over half of cell users (56%) now accessing the
Internet from their phone.
According to Pew Center researchers'
- 82% of US cell phone owners use their devices to take
- 80% use them to send or receive text messages
- 56% use them to access the Internet
- 50% use them to send or receive email
- 44% use them to record video
- 43% use them to download apps
- 31% use them to look for health or medical information online,
- 29% use them to check bank account balances or do other online
At CHR Solutions, we're committed to helping clients understand
these trends and leverage them for business growth. From building a
services ecosystem that supports a growing mobile workforce, to
helping engineer the network that best exploits wireless backhaul,
CHR Solutions stands ready to help our clients maximize the many
business opportunities presented by wireless.